Needs in the Work of Our Lord
Updated April 2017
Following is a list of some of the needs in the work of our Lord
which are known to us. The extent of the needs though is often not fully known.
Additional and updated details are available in the Missionary Bulletin and other correspondence. This is not a complete list, and we may not know of changes in various works. To learn more about these and other needs, please feel free to contact us with specific questions. Financial support for these and other needs may be sent to:
The Fund for Christian Service
1309 Canopy Oaks Drive
Minneola, FL 34715-5692
• Uganda - there is a great need for regular teaching about Assembly principles.
• Tunisia - a hunger for the Truth, an interest in Assembly principles and a desire to learn more from the Bible characterize the new believers in this country.
• Cameroon - the meetings in the southern part are small and need regular visits of at least 8 to 10 days to encourage the saints. Pray that the Lord will provide brethren to visit.
• S. Sudan - there is a great need for teachers of the Word of God in this country.
• NE Congo, Rwanda, and Kenya - there is a felt need for systematic Bible studies in each of these countries.
• Ethiopia - practical help and prayer support are needed for every aspect of the Lord's work in the gospel, pastoral, and teaching ministry.
• Expenses for traveling brethren from Rwanda and surrounding countries into Malawi and Tanzania.
• DRC - 21 traveling workers need regular support to continue visiting various regions. Their motorbikes and bicycles need to be fixed or replaced periodically.
• Kenya - brother Muigai (Mombasa) and brother Cosmas (Kangudo) need help with traveling expenses in order to increase their labor for the Lord.
• Full-time workers and those in various ministries in the USA and Canada
• Support of missionaries and national workers in many of the third world countries
• Haiti - A number of saints have been left destitute by an earlier earthquake and a more recent hurricane. They are hard workers, they help each other, however, their jobs do not pay enough to cover their needs.
• Syria - due to the on-going civil war, the saints face great needs daily.
• S. Sudan - The saints are in great poverty and could use: Audio Bibles,bicycles, medicines, sorghum, blankets, tents and clothing.
• N. Sudan - widows Narjis (with 9 children) and Samiria (with 7 children) need help to purchase food and to meet school expenses.
• South Central DRC - a number of ill or poor brethren have ongoing medical needs in the Mbuji Maya region.
• North East Congo - there is a continuing need for clothes for all seasons and all ages. Also, given the extreme poverty in DRC, there is a great need for medicine, healthcare, eyeglasses and food stuff. There is a need of funds to set up small-scale farming projects to help believers in the villages around Goma and Mambasa.
• DRC - prices for basic foods (i.e. rice, manioc, beans and oil) have doubled or tripled in just a few weeks' time.
• Philippines - many brethren have little or no work.
• Widows, aged, and other needy saints worldwide
• Asia: India, persecuted and displaced saints; Bhutan/Nepal, refugees displaced into other countries
• Africa: Cameroon, Dem. Rep. of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria, Sudan, Togo, others
• Caribbean: Haiti and other countries
• South America: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, others
• Assist with school work in Benin, Cameroon, Colombia, Congo, DRC, Egypt, India, and Nigeria.
• Help with orphanage work in Bahamas, Cameroon, Myanmar, Egypt, India as well as in other countries.
• Malawi - Many interested people come into the Lilongwe bookshop and the requests for Bibles and spiritual literature is overwhelming.
• Cuba - There is an interest here to receive and even to print literature from Argentina.
• Congo - there are needs for French hymnbooks and other literature in the Kasai area.
• DRC - 5 brothers at Kenge, are determinedly working to translate the Bible into Kikongo language.
• Ethiopia - There is a need for Amharic Bibles.
• People desire Bibles, calendars, and other literature in Malawi, Nigeria, Sicily, the Philippines, and elsewhere.
• Uganda - There is a big need for French and English Bibles and New Testaments to be used in several Bible courses.
• Africa, South America, Caribbean, Far East, USA, Canada
MEDIA, OUTREACH, AND OTHER MINISTRIES
• USA - the Carmel Hills residential facility has ongoing needs: i.e. back-up generator system, Residents Assistance fund, etc.
• USA - Messages of Grace and Truth Radio broadcast to Arabic speaking listeners incurrs high costs, but the reward is also very great.
• Radio broadcasts in various languages
• Internet, satellite TV
• Opportunities to reach sinners over radio waves, via Internet, and by satellite TV are expensive, but quite effective
• Guyana - the buildings at Siloam Bible Camp and Carmel Bible Camp require constant repair due to the impact of tropical storms.
• Nigeria - Antipo Bible camp needs help with financial assistance for campers who travel long distances to attend this camp.
• Jamaica - Due to the severely depressed economy of the Caribbean, the saints hesitate to send their children to OceanView Bible Camp as funds are extremely tight.
• USA - Mountain View Bible Camp is in the process of replacing the old dormitories.
• Outreach through camp programs is also done in Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts, besides the countries mentioned above.
• DRC - the construction of meeting halls at Mbuji Mayi and Tshofa has started and will continue only as funds become available.
• S Sudan - the brethren in Juba have purchased land and built a nice meeting hall. There is still a need to build a guest room adjacent to the hall and to fence off these buildings.
• Ethiopia - the construction of the Bible Center in Addis Ababa has come to a standstill due to lack of funds, frequent power cuts, and scarcity of building materials.
• Colombia - In La Paila, the saints need financial help in order to purchase and renovate a basic building which they will use as a meeting hall.
• Colombia - In Lerida, the saints need to repay a loan and to make some repairs on an old people's home that was purchased to care for the elderly saints.
• Colombia - In the near future, funds will be needed to build two additional classrooms at the school in Puerto Boyaca.
• DRC - the construction of Bible camp facilities in Mputu goes on as funds become available.
• Benin - the meeting hall at Zounkpa needs to be expanded because of the great number of young people who attend.
• Congo - meeting hall at Ndjili needs renovation and the hall at Lubao needs to be finished.
• Nigeria - a plot of land has been acquired at Calabar for a future meeting place.
• Kenya - brethren are looking for a building and/or a piece of land for a Christian bookstore and an assembly hall in Mombasa.
• Meeting halls in US, Africa, Caribbean, Middle East, Far East, and other regions.
• DRC - there is a need for bicycles and motorbikes as well as for replacement parts for both modes of transportation.
• Automobiles for various workers on the mission field.
| Current Needs
| Short-Term Service
| Missionary Bulletin
| Methods of Giving